Launch apps and shortcuts directly from your lock screen!
Make your phone work for you Replace your Android lockscreen with LockMenu.
Welcome to the LockMenu, we are very excited that so many of you like the app. Please send us feedback, new features and issues, we respond to all emails (
I know many of you are waiting on the ad free version. We really are working on this and hope to have it ready soon. See the bottom of this text for more on this. Also, see below for more on performance, other updates and testing, quirky behavior, and security. More details at
Lock Menu is a replacement lock screen that gives you the ability to launch applications and shortcuts directly from your lock screen. Lock Menu gives you the ability to customize 7 individual sliders so you can build a lock screen that fits your needs.
Launch an application, direct text, or direct dial all from your lock screen.
No need to unlock your phone and navigate to your Home app, just to launch another application. Lock Menu allows you to access the tasks you perform regularly on the first screen that appears.
LockMenu Features Include:
- Configure up to 7 sliders
- Launch applications or shortcuts from sliders
- Launch direct dial or direct text from sliders
- Go to Home screen from sliders
- Configure whether each slider unlocks device
- Slider custom text
- Configure sound slider to toggle vibrate or silent mode
- Configure sound slider to launch app or shortcut
- Choose between pre-Gingerbread and Gingerbread slider styles
- Set lock screen timeout
- Enable/disable wallpaper
- Fullscreen mode
- Configure date/time format and layout
Notes on user feedback:
- Please provide feedback and bugs to
email@example.com. We will respond ASAP. Also goto
www.lockmenu.com/supportfor more details.
- Regarding ads We are actively implementing in-app billing. I wish I could give you a firm date on rollout. My development team is all college students and they are caught up in midterms. Also, Googles documentation is not great for this new service and we are working our way through it.
The ad free version (LockMenu Pro) will also provide two extra sliders.
- Updates and Testing Since LockMenu controls access to your phone we must test extensively. We have 6 different models of android phones we test on before releasing the code to a test group. Our extensive testing slows down adding new features. If we were implementing a game, a mistake would not be as critical, we are controlling your phone so a mistake is more then annoying.
- Quirky behavior Every type of android phone is slightly different. Changes we make may work differently on different types of phone (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S vs. Droid 2 vs. any HTC phone). We currently test on 6 different phones prior to releasing to a small set of users for testing. Even with all this testing, there are some quirky behaviors (like the normal android unlock slider periodically coming up) that we cannot completely fix. We have to fool android into letting us do what we do.
- Performance - We are constantly looking at ways to improve the performance of the LockMenu application. For HTC users please see the HTC Phones discussion on the support page (
www.lockmenu.com/support). One use of the Lockmenu Background service is to prepare the screen for display of the LockMenu as the phone is going to sleep. This eliminates having to generate the screen when the phone wakes up. We will continue to look at ways to improve the apps performance and welcome any suggestions.
- Security (Pin, password, Pattern)- If you use Android s unlock security (e.g. PIN/Password/Pattern) please see our FAQ at
http://lockmenu.com/faq. While LockMenu works with Android s unlock security (works the best with Pattern), it s not as clean as we would like...we find this very frustrating but its due to Androids security implementation.
LockMenu is a free software application from the Other subcategory, part of the Business category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2011-04-22. The program can be installed on Android 2.1 - 2.3.3.
LockMenu (version 1.01) has a file size of 683.01 KB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 29 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.